The provisions of the Act respecting Labour standards (81.18 to 81.20) states that an employee is entitled to a workplace free from psychological harassment, which is why it is important to fully understand what constitutes harassment, and how to prevent it. The employer must also act accordingly to take stock of any issue of harassment brought to his attention and if so, quickly put an end to it.
Other related legislative provisions:
- Charter of Human Rights and Freedoms
- Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Quebec Civil Code
- Criminal Code
LCK professionals can help you with the following:
- Mediation, by an accredited mediator, to prevent and resolve conflicts before they escalate into complaints
- A thorough and confidential investigation to verify the admissibility of the complaint
- Our readiness to testify in court, if necessary
- Developing a psychological harassment policy in the workplace
- Training employees and managers on psychological harassment
Do not hesitate to contact us.